Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Hotel & Restaurant Trolleys
Friday, September 19, 2014
Menu from HEMANT SINGH
- FOOD PRODUCTION
- Types: Definition: ORIGIN: Duke of Brunswick (1541) List of dishes served or made available to be served at a meal. a) Table d’hote b) A’la Carte MENU
- Table d’hote : Literal meaning is “ Table of the host ”. This is a fixed menu served at a fixed price.
- A’la Carte: Literal meaning is “ From the card ”. Dishes are priced separately and the Guest can make his/her own choice.
- 1.Menu is a list of F & B items made available to the Guests. 2. It is a tool for the Kitchen to do all the mise-en-place for its production. 3. It gives a variety to choose dishes. 4. It sometime gives the description of each dishes in brief so that the Guest knows about the contents of the dish. 5. It is a record for cost control purpose and also to regulate the portion size. FUNCTIONS OF MENU
- A’la Carte Table D’hote
- Food is kept in semi-prepared form.
- Waiting time is more.
- Waiting time is less.
- Portions served are large.
- Portions served are small.
- Food items are individually priced and served.
- The menu is elaborate.
- Very less or no choice.
- Silver is laid according to the dishes ordered.
- Silver for the whole menu is laid in advance
- Type of Guest / Customer
- Type of establishment
- Kind of Occasion
- Meal time (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Tea etc.)
- Availability of raw material.
- Availability of space and equipments.
- manpower available for production and service.
- Climatic conditions
- Religious ceremonies and sentiments.
- Age group.
- Spending power of the Guest / Customer.
- Repetition of Ingredients should not be there.
- Repetition of colour should be avoided.
- Repetition of words should be avoided.
- Texture of the dishes within the Menu should be changed.
- Always use correct garnishes.
- Menu should be balanced.
- Menu Language:
- Menu should be printed in one language only.
- Language used should be correct.
- If the menu is in French or some other foreign language, use English translations
- Spelling mistakes should not be there.
- Veg / Non-Veg. Items should be separate and spicy items should be marked.
- Hors d’oeuvres (Appetizers/Starter)
- Potage (Soup/Starter)
- Oeufs (Egg)
- Farineaux (Rice & Pasta)
- Poisson (Fish/Starter)
- Entrée (First Meat course)
- Sorbet (Flavoured Ice) Rest course
- Reléve (Main Meat course)
- Rôti (Roast)
- Legumes (Vegetables)
- Salades (Salad)
- Buffet froid (Cold buffet)
- Entremets (Sweets)
- Savoureaux (Savoury)
- Fromage (Cheese)
- Dessert (Fruit & Nuts)
- Beverages (Tea / Coffee)
- Examples for Diff. Courses of F.C.M.
- Russian Salad, Egg Mayonnaise, Caviar, Smoked Salmon, Canapes, Prawn Cocktail.
- Consommes, Minestrone, Cabbage Chowder, Mulligatwany, Hot & Sour.
- Oeufs Florentine, Oeufs Farcis, Oeufs Coccote.
- Spaghetti Napolitaine, Canneloni, Ravioli, Fettucinni, Macaroni.
- Poisson grille tartare, Poisson Duglere, Poisson Colbert, Poisson Meuniere.
- Poulet saute chasseur, Supreme de Vollaile, Steak diane.
- Flavoured ice with Champagne, Cigars, Russian Cigarettes.
- Gigot d’agneau r ô ti, Cuissot de porc r ô ti.
- Chicken , Duck, Turkey with sauce or gravy
- Choufleur mornay, Puree de pommes, Epinard a’la crème.
- Vert, Francaise
- Jambon, Galantine de volaille, Poulet Roti
- Souffles, cr ê pes, Coupes.
- Welsh rarebit, Canape diane
- 15. Cheddar, Edam, Brie, Gorgonzola. 16 . Fresh fruits and Nuts 17. Tea, Coffee
Hello Friends, Enjoy this Royal Potato Curry
This is usually called "plate service” because the food is already placed in the plate in the kitchen ready to be served to the guest...
This type of service is the same as that of French service. However, in Russian service, the food is fully prepared and pre-cut in the kit...
1) Cold and warm dishes are listed separately. 2) Appetizers, soups, seafood and main courses are listed in separate groups. 3) In every ...