- ENOLOGY/OENOLOGY: SCIENCE OF WINE MAKING
- AMPELLOGRAPHY: SCIENCE OF STUDYING GRAPES
- VATS: FERMENTING VESSELS
- LEES: IMPURITIES
- BRUT: VERY DRY
- SEC: MEDIUM DRY
- DEMI-SEC: MEDIUM SWEET
- DOUX: SWEET
- MUST: UNFERMENTED GRAPE JUICE
- APERITIFS: ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE SERVED OR CONSUMED BEFORE THE MEAL, HELPS IN INCREASING THE APPETITE
- DIGESTIFS: ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE SERVED OR CONSUMED AFTER THE MEAL, HELPS IN DIGESTION
- CASK: BARRELS MADE UP OF OAK WOOD, USED TO STORE AND AGE WINES
- CELLAR: A WAREHOUSE (USUALLY UNDERGROUND) USED TO STORE WINES
- CHAI: FRENCH TERM FOR CELLAR
- MAITRE DE CHAI: CELLAR MASTER
- VINE: CREEPER OF GRAPE
- VINEYARD: THE PLACE WHERE VINES ARE GROWN
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Owning and operating a winery is complex and demanding. Wineries face just about every business risk imaginable as they grow grapes, blend ...
This type of service is the same as that of French service. However, in Russian service, the food is fully prepared and pre-cut in the kit...
This is usually called "plate service” because the food is already placed in the plate in the kitchen ready to be served to the guest...
The quality of service staff in any establishment reflects the quality of the establishment itself. No matter how good the food and ambien...